In the dog days of summer, there's nothing like coming home to a cool, air-conditioned house. But as anyone who has ever received an electric bill knows, air conditioning can come at a high price. This blog is for you if you're looking for ways to keep your home cool without breaking the bank.
How to Save:
As the temperatures start to rise, many of us begin to dread our energy bills. Air conditioning can be a major expense, particularly in a hot climate like Arizona.
Here are some easy tips to help you save on AC costs:
1. Increase the temperature by a few degrees. Every degree that you increase the temperature will result in significant savings on your energy bill. Try setting the thermostat a few degrees higher than usual and see how much you can save. On average, you’ll save about 6 to 8% on your energy bill for every degree your house is above 78 degrees. If that seems too unbearable for you, you can save by setting your thermostat higher while you’re away on vacation or at work.
2. Add weatherstripping. Weatherstripping is a simple and inexpensive way to seal air leaks around doors and windows. This will help keep cool air inside your home, which will reduce your energy consumption – and your bill. It’s also important to ensure that your home’s air ducts are sealed tight so you don’t lose any cool air through leaks.
3. Use fans wisely. Fans can be used to circulate cool air throughout your home, which can reduce the need for air conditioning. In addition to using fans, you can also open windows to allow for ventilation.
4. Shade your home. Keeping your home shaded with blinds or curtains can help reduce the amount of heat that enters your home. This will reduce the amount of work your AC has to do, which can save you money on your energy bill.
5. Reduce heat-generating activities. Activities like cooking and laundry generate heat, which can cause your AC to work harder – and use more energy. During the hottest part of the day, try to limit these activities to help save on AC costs.
6. Schedule routine maintenance. The best way to avoid sinking a lot of money into your residential or commercial air conditioning unit is to schedule preventive and routine maintenance regularly. Our team of expert HVAC technicians will be able to help stop any serious problems before they snowball out of control. This will help prevent breakdowns and help prolong the lifespan of your AC unit.
For all of your air conditioning needs and questions contact Rainforest Plumbing and Air at (602) 755-2995! We’re your guide to a 5-star experience.