Plumbing Pipe Repair & Replacement in Phoenix, AZ
Keep Your Pipes in Good Condition No Matter What
From the sinks to the toilets to the bathtubs in your home, a complex system of water pipes runs unseen delivering hot and cold water throughout your entire residence. These water pipes are commonly made up of polyvinyl chloride (PVC), ductile iron, polyethylene, and copper. With this variety of materials, treated, pressurized water is delivered from the municipal water system to all the appliances throughout your house.
Your pipes are like the veins of your plumbing system and larger home. Without them, you wouldn’t be able to get the water your household needs for so many routine tasks. But because your pipes go through so much use, it is important to hire an experienced professional who knows how to take care of them when the time comes. At Rainforest Plumbing & Air, we offer pipe repair and replacement in Phoenix for all types of piping systems. Our licensed and insured plumbing team is trained to get the job done quickly and efficiently, and we carry all the leading piping materials on the market. Call to schedule a free estimate, and start protecting your pipes today.
When to Call for Our Phoenix Pipe Repair Team
The sooner Rainforest Plumbing & Air catches a problem in your pipes, the better chance we have of fixing it. We suggest routine maintenance to help your pipes last longer, but it is also important you call us right away if you suspect you’ve got a piping issue. Failing to address necessary pipe repairs could result in thousands of dollars of damages to your home, not to mention a dangerous situation for you and your family.
Signs that you may need a pipe repair in Phoenix include:
- Frequent Clogs: Clogs are probably the third biggest threat to your pipes, behind pressure changes and freezing. While you may be tempted to use liquid drain cleaners to get rid of pipe clogs, the chemicals in these products are very toxic and can eat away at your pipes. They also tend to be ineffective, often sitting on top of clogs rather than eating through them. If you cannot resolve a clog with a plunger or a plumbing snake, contact our experienced plumbers to clear your lines safely. Remember, you can avoid many clogs by not flushing items like paper towels, cotton balls, tampons, pads, and even so-called “flushable” wipes down your toilet (basically, go with toilet paper or nothing.) You should also be careful to only put light food scraps in your garbage disposal.
- Poor Water Pressure: We already discussed above how high water pressure is extremely bad for your pipes, but did you know that low water pressure isn’t good either? If you are frequently experiencing poor water pressure in your home, or if your water pressure has dropped suddenly, without warning, it could be because you are dealing with a pipe leak. Speaking of…
- Water Leaks: Sometimes, taking care of a leak is extremely easy, and simply requires replacing a gasket/washer or tightening a connection. In these cases, you may even be able to repair the leak on your own. However, if you continue to notice leaks coming from your pipes, it is imperative that you call a plumber. Even small leaks can spiral out of control over time, raising your water bills and resulting in substantial damage.
- Rusty Water: If you have noticed rust in your water, or directly in your piping, it’s probably time to get some pipes replaced. It’s not uncommon for this to happen to metal pipes after years of use and the elevated iron levels rust indicate aren’t inherently dangerous. However, drinking rusty water for long periods of time definitely isn’t good for you, plus it’s simply not a taste most people want in their drinking water.
- Foul, Bad-Smelling Water: If your water either tastes or smells bad, you could be dealing with a big problem. A sulfuric, sewage-like odor may indicate a leak in your sewer line, which in turn might lead to a nasty back-up. If this smell is accompanied by contaminated water that tastes or looks funny, call a plumber right away, as you could be at risk of ingesting water that’s dangerous and unclean.
- Loud Noises: As we mentioned above, that banging or “water hammer” noise in your pipes indicates your water pressure is too high. You may also hear your pipes emit a humming frequency when you are dealing with excessive water pressure. However, there are other problems associated with noisy pipes, too. For instance, a gurgling sound may be a sign there’s a clog in your pipes. If you hear your pipes rattling, that may indicate they are loose and not held in place properly. And a high-pitched whistling can come from your pipes if a small but important part, such as a washer, falls off.
From tree roots to animals to grease, there’s nothing that gets in your pipes that our experts at Rainforest Plumbing & Repair can’t get out. We will do everything in our power to repair your pipes, however, there comes a point where you may also need extensive piping replacement. If your home does require repiping, we promise to do everything we can to make the service process as easy as possible on you, working as quickly as we can and even offering affordable financing options.
Our exclusive membership plan offers many benefits that improve system efficiency and
provide discounts on service calls, while giving you priority service and peace of mind.
What Kinds of Dangers Are My Pipes Subject To & How Can I Protect Them?
A large percentage of broken pipes can be attributed to pressure and freezing. At times of high pressure, you may experience noisy pipes or jolting and moving pipes. Plumbers often refer to a pipe’s noisy jolt as a “water hammer”. Meanwhile, in the winter, it is possible for your underground pipes to freeze—even in a warmer climate like Phoenix, AZ. During a freeze-thaw cycle, copper pipes contract in the bitter-cold night, and expand again with the morning sun and warmth. This causes strain on your piping system, occasionally resulting in broken and cracked pipes.
Avoiding water hammer and freeze-thaw cycles are important to save your water pipe from disaster. Foam insulation is available for all outdoor piping to protect them from the contracting and expanding that occurs in the cold winter months. Rainforest Plumbing technicians can perform a check on your water pipes, and we have a variety of preventative maintenance packages to choose from, so the health of your pipes is inspected annually.
Signs You Need Pipe Replacement
1. They're made from dangerous materials - How long your pipes will last depends on what they're made of. While everyone knows that lead pipes are not safe, they're still utilized across the United States.
2. Old age - How long your pipes last depends on use, environment and what they're made of. Galvanized steel can go for 50 years, brass for 45 years, copper can last over 50 years and cast iron pipes can last an entire century. If your pipes are older than their respective life expectancy consult our Phoenix pipe replacement professionals when they break down next.
3. Your water is consistently off across the board - There are a lot of ways your pipes can impact your water's taste, smell, look or feel. If you suspect anything is off then it's always good to at least get your pipes examined by a licensed professional who might suggest pipe replacement.
4. You need repairs after repairs - While our Phoenix pipe repair specialists will always be happy to come in and fix your pipes, you shouldn't be needing pipe repair every year. It might be time for pipe replacement so give us a call.
Let Rainforest Plumbing & Air Help Protect Your Pipes
When you contact Rainforest Plumbing & Air for piping service in Phoenix, Mesa, or the greater East Valley today, you may be able to take advantage of money-saving deals and specials. You can rest assured knowing our certified crime-free plumbing pros have a reputation for excellent customer service and long-lasting work. And with our “up-front guarantee,” giving you honest prices without any hidden fees or surcharges, you’ll always get a good deal when you trust Rainforest Plumbing & Air.
Promoting skills, knowledge, leadership, motivation, and teamwork.Rainforest University
We are hiring! Apply to join our team for great experience and benefits.See Our Jobs
We know you have many choices, but only we have the up-front guarantee!Learn More